This node is a 1D noise generator, you can think of it as random numbers that
are smoothly connected to each other.
It is a function of variable Evolution, which means every value of the
variable Evolution has a corresponding value calculated based on the node
options and this value is the output of the node.
- Node Seed - Aside from the Seed input, this extra seed parameter
enables you to get different random numbers if the Seed input in not free,
that is, it is dependent on some property that you can’t freely control, for
instance, when using multiple Random Number nodes in a loop while using the
index as a seed, you can change the node seed to get different numbers for
each node. Animation Nodes automatically changes the Node Seed when you
duplicate or add a new Random Number node.
- Seed - Seed for the random generator, where different seed generate
- Evolution - A float at which the noise is evaluated.
- Speed - It is the frequency of the noise or the rate of change of the
- Amplitude - It is the maximum possible value for the absolute of the
- Octaves - It is the number of perlin noises that constructs the noise
function, where the noise function is the superposition of
n number of
perlin noise with different frequencies where
n is the Octaves input.
- Persistance - The magnitude of the added higher frequency octaves, the
magnitude of each octave is directly proportional to its frequency.
- Number - The output of the noise function at the variable Evolution.