This node generates a random vector or a list of random vectors.
- Node Seed - Aside from the Seed input, this extra seed
parameter enables you to get different random vectors if the Seed
input in not free, that is, it is dependent on some property that
you can’t freely controle, for instance, when using multiple Random
Vector nodes in a loop while using the index as a seed, you can
change the node seed to get different vectors for each node.
Animation Nodes automatically changes the Node Seed when you
duplicate or add a new Random Vector node.
- Create List - It is the button you see beside the Node Seed,
if it is enabled, the output will be a list of random vectors.
- Seed - Seed for the random generator, where different seeds
generates different random vector.
- Scale - If Normalized Vector is enabled, the scale will
represents the magnitude of the output vectors, which means it will
also respresents the radius of the sphere on which the vectors are
located. If Normalized Vector is disabled, the scale will
represents the maximum of the absolute of the values of all three
components of the output vectors, which also means it represents
half of the side length of the cube that bounds the output vectors.
- Count - The number of random vectors to generate. (Only
available if Create List is enabled)
- Vector(s) - A random vector(s).
Advanced Node Settings
- Normalized Vector - If enabled, the random vectors will be
uniformly distributed on the surface of a sphere. See second example
below and Scale Input above.